Navigating through a tight timeline and unexpected challenges to launch LinkUp’s new website.
Breakout Studio, an esteemed design firm based in Chicago, had been working on a significant web development project for their client, LinkUp. With the old website slated for removal on the launch day of the new one, Breakout Studio found themselves grappling with a rigid deadline. The project’s intricate nature called for a multi-phased approach to successfully launch a minimum viable product (MVP) on time.
Midway through the project, an unforeseen staffing change occurred at LinkUp, adding another layer of complexity to the situation. Needing to ensure the project’s seamless continuation, Breakout Studio sought our expertise to help navigate these challenges.
Recognizing the urgency of the situation, we promptly teamed up with Breakout Studio to develop a strategic plan for the MVP’s timely launch. Our project managers quickly adapted to the evolving circumstances, aligning with LinkUp’s team despite the unexpected change in staffing.
We adopted a shared Bugherd board to facilitate multiple quality assurance (QA) phases seamlessly, a move that enabled us to maintain a dynamic and collaborative process for issue resolution.
On the technical front, we employed the Design Tokens plugin for Craft to ensure consistent styling across the site. This approach linked style options in the content management system (CMS) to predefined Tailwind classes, promoting template cleanliness and uniformity.
In addition, we implemented a robust CMS using Neo. This gave content creators the flexibility to build a diverse array of pages while remaining true to the brand’s identity. Recognizing the website’s need for various calls-to-action, we extended the link picker plugin to support adding custom form modals at any place on the site.
- Despite the challenging timeline and unexpected staffing change, the LinkUp site was launched on schedule.
- Our project managers demonstrated agility and resilience, smoothly navigating the staffing shift and efficiently managing the QA process using a shared Bugherd board.
- By integrating the Design Tokens and Neo plugins for Craft, we ensured design consistency and offered content creators greater flexibility.
- We improved user engagement and conversion rates by strategically placing various calls-to-action throughout the site, including custom form modals.
- Winner of Graphic Design USA Magazine’s 2023 Digital Design Showcase