We’re hiring a junior web developer
Good Work is an expert team of web developers that helps agencies and brands build websites and web-based applications for desktop and mobile. We’re incredibly detail-oriented, and take pride in our ability to execute the most subtle details of our client’s designs.
We’re looking for a smart and enthusiastic junior web developer with 1-2 years of experience to join our fully remote team.
As a member of our team, you can expect to work on a variety of digital projects both large and small – building and maintaining websites, applications and custom integrations for all kinds of clients. To start with, you will work on existing projects and pair with other devs until you are familiar with our approach and the way we work as a team. As you grow you will be given the autonomy to lead your own new projects with support available all the way.
- Competitive salary with bonuses
- A supportive team culture built on honesty, trust, and respect that makes work/life balance a priority for all team members.
- 15 days of paid time off per year, plus:
- The week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Federal holidays
- One additional day of PTO will be awarded for each year of employment
- Company laptop and WFH set up allowance
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development allowance
- Medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, and life insurance coverage
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Fully remote - flexibility to work from wherever you are so long as it has excellent internet service
The most important thing that we are looking for is the right person with the right attitude, but the following skills and experience outline our perfect person.
- 1-2 years of experience developing websites
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to set goals and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with a web-based workflow, web developer tools and git version control
- Experience with Craft or any CMS
- Experience with Tailwind CSS
To apply, send your resume and GitHub profile to email@example.com along with a brief cover note explaining why you are interested in the role and how your skills and experience align with the job description. Please also include a link to a recent project that you’re proud of, and tell us why.
If we think you might be a good candidate to join our team we’ll reach out to arrange a Zoom interview so we can learn more about each other.
Recruiters will be crushed and melted, kindly.
Expanding our services: Introducing ‘Friends of Good Work’
How to master GDPR and CCPA compliance: a step-by-step guide to handling website cookies
Block Usage plugin for Craft CMS 3 and 4
Nag plugin for Craft CMS 3 and 4
Three reasons most digital projects get derailed (and why yours doesn’t have to)
Good Work leads to a good life
Update Craft CMS 3 to 4
Three things your project manager should be doing for you (but probably isn’t)
Eight lessons learned from eight years of Good Work
Putting the puzzle pieces together
Using Formie to create forms on Craft CMS websites